We deliver clean energy to the Caribbean and Latin America.
Drawing on deep experience developing, financing and operating clean energy infrastructure projects across the world, BMR Energy brings unparalleled expertise to the development of clean energy projects in the Caribbean and Latin America. We’re making the vision of cleaner, more affordable energy for Caribbean and Latin American communities a reality by developing, owning and operating projects across the region.
Guatemala Green Solar Project
- Location: Estanzuela, Zacapa Department
- Type: Solar
- Size: 5 MW
- Context: BMR agreed to purchase the active (since 2015) solar farm in October 2017 and brought financial stability and an increased focus on operational excellence.
- Impact: Supplies 13,500 MWh of power to 4,500 households through Energuate utility.
Jamaica Wind Project
- Location: Potsdam, St. Elizabeth
- Type: Wind
- Size: 36 MW
- Context: BMR Energy developed, owns and operates the largest private-sector renewable energy project in Jamaica. The wind farm was honored with a 2016 Impact Award from the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Cooperation (OPIC).
- Impact: Reduces greenhouse gases by 66,000 tons C02 equivalent per year (the equivalent to taking 13,000 cars off the road per year).
St. Croix Repair Project
- Location: Spanish Town, St. Croix
- Type: Solar
- Size: 4 MW
- Context: Originally built in 2015, BMR Energy acquired the solar farm from NRG in 2018 after the facility endured damage during Hurricane Maria. The project will was fully restored in November 2018.
- Impact: At its full capacity, the St. Croix solar facility generates power for approximately 1,600 homes.